scroll to find your email provider
- First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Gmail spam folder, select the email and click the Not Spam button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us.
- Click on the down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to Reply:
- Click add firstname.lastname@example.org to Contacts list.
Yahoo! Mail Safelist:
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find email from email@example.com in your Yahoo! bulk folder, open the email and click Not Spam.
- If you find mail from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Blocked Addresses list in Settings, select the email and click Remove Block.
To create the filter, follow these steps:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on the Gearwheel and select Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Filters (in the bottom left corner), or select Filter Emails Like This.
- On the Filters page, click Add.
- Select the From header: rule, and add “contains” and add halliealexanderauthor.com.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select Inbox.
- Pick the Add Filter button or Save.
AOL Webmail Safelist:
You must add email@example.com to your AOL address book:
- Search for email from halliealexanderauthor in your Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the Not Spam button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the Primary E-Mail 1 field.
- Click Another email, and enter email@example.com into the E-Mail 2 address.
- Click Create.
You must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List as follows:
- First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click Not Junk.
- Next, check to see if the firstname.lastname@example.org appears in the Blocked Senders list. If so, select it and click on the Remove button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click Options in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top of the page, click on the Junk E-mail Protection link.
- Next, click on Safe List, which is down near the bottom.
- Copy and paste email@example.com where it says Type an address or domain.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 6. and 7. for firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Outlook Safelist:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- Add email@example.com where it says Add address.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org in the same way.
- Click OK
To allow messages from specific e-mail addresses, follow the instructions below. You can also do this through the Spam Control menu button (in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail), or by right-clicking the system tray icon. You can add, edit or remove individual e-mail addresses or whole domains to your allowed senders list. For example, if you add email@example.com to your allowed senders list, all e-mail messages from the firstname.lastname@example.org address are allowed.
To edit your list of trusted e-mail addresses:
- On the main page, click Settings.
- Select Internet > E-mail filtering.
- Click Allow senders. The Allow senders settings page opens.
To add a new e-mail address:
- Click Add. The Add sender/domain dialog box opens.
- In the Address field, enter the e-mail address (email@example.com) or domain name (halliealexanderauthor) from which you want to allow e-mail messages. You can add a short description for the new address in the Description field.
- Click OK. The new e-mail address is now shown on your allowed senders list.
To edit an e-mail address:
- In the list, select the e-mail address you want to edit, and click Edit. The Edit sender/domain dialog box opens.
- Edit the selected e-mail address, and click OK.
To remove an e-mail address from the allowed senders list:
- In the list, select the e-mail address you want to remove
- Select Remove. The e-mail address is removed from the list.
Mozilla Thunderbird Safelist:
- First, check your Junk folder. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org, right-click on our email and choose Mark as Not Junk.
- Next, click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book (left column).
- Click on New Contact.
- In the Contact tab, set Email to email@example.com.
- Set Additional Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click OK and close the Address Book.
- From the main Thunderbird menu, choose Tools > Account Settings
- For each email account, expand the settings and choose Junk Settings from the expanded account settings.
- Ensure Personal Address Book is checked under Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in.
- Once you have done this for each email account, click OK.
Comcast Email Safelist:
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter email@example.com.
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled Restrict Incoming Email, also do the following:
- Select Preferences.
- Select Restrict Incoming Email. If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
- Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat for email@example.com.
Earthlink Email Safelist:
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in firstname.lastname@example.org into the email address slot and then click OK.
Verizon Email Safelist:
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The Add Address Book Entry screen appears. In the Email field, enter email@example.com.
- In the Nickname field, type halliealexanderauthor.com
- Select Save.
Apple Mail / OSX Safelist:
- First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click Not Junk at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences
- Go to Mail > Preferences Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule.
- Give this rule a name such as “Email from halliealexanderauthor.”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in email@example.com.
- From the actions, select Move message to mailbox Inbox.
- Click OK.
- Log into your Postini account
- Look in the Junk area
- If you find email firstname.lastname@example.org check the checkbox to select the email
- Click the Deliver Selected link at the top of the Junk screen
- On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” checkbox next to the email
- Click the Approve Selected Senders button
- Do the same for each email from email@example.com.